I have decided to share some of my favorite recipes weekly and hopefully, someone can try them out somewhere in the comfort of their homes. Most of these will have most of the common ingredients we can easily get and also a very simple to put together a meal.
The first recipe is a darling of mine because it contains one of most favorite delicacies. I love coconut in any form ( oil, fruit or flavor) and I love chicken. So let us prepare coconut chicken together.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or organic virgin coconut oil
- Chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Boneless chicken breasts, cut into uniform dices
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil over medium heat in a pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken strips, and curry powder. Cook over low heat, stirring, for about 10-15 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is thick.
- Stir in coconut milk and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with basil.
- Serve with your desired carbohydrate like plain rice, matooke or sweet potatoes.
How easy can this recipe be?
Coconut chicken is very rich in high biological proteins very good for everyone especially children who are at the peak of their growth. It is also a good option for weaning children.